Most buildings are now required by law to prepare plans and perform drills for Fire Safety, Evacuation and/or Emergency Action. Laws and standards continue to become more stringent. As fire and life safety consultants, Croker meets the needs of our clients by keeping them in code compliance with safety regulations for fire and non-fire emergencies.
Croker provides a wide range of services necessary to maintain fire and life safety procedures in the workplace, giving property ownership, management and building occupants peace of mind. Croker personalizes and tailors programs to meet the needs of its clients. Our service representatives are professionally trained, experienced and knowledgeable in all phases of Fire Safety and Emergency Action (non-fire) procedures, and assigned to your building to establish and maintain continuity. Support documentation for drills, plans and training programs are made available which can be presented to City, State, Federal inspection teams for building code compliance and training.
Croker offers its clients an extensive range of customer service benefits including:
- A knowledgeable service representative personally assigned to your building.
- An administrative staff of employees who are well versed in the industry.
- Consultants available to answer questions relating to fire and life safety issues.
- Client records kept on file and warehoused in our secured database and office filing system.
- An expert team of specialists available to customize plans specific to your building.
Services currently provided in the following states:
- New Jersey
- New York
A personally assigned service representative is assigned to your building to perform all drills and training. All drills are documented in a logbook as required. A variety of drills can be provided including (but not limited to):
- A training exercise by which building occupants are familiarized with and/or practice the procedures for the safe, orderly and expeditious sheltering in place, in-building relocation, partial evacuation, evacuation, or any combination thereof, in the event of a fire, in accordance with the Fire Safety Plan for the premises.
Full Building Evacuation Drill
- The emptying of a building of all occupants in a response to a fire or an emergency.
In-Building Relocation Drill
- The controlled movement of building occupants from an endangered area of a building to an in-building relocation area within the same building in response to a fire or an emergency.
- The precaution of directing building occupant to remain inside the building, at their work locations, in response to an emergency.
Stairwell Familiarization Drill
- To familiarize building occupants with the process of in-building relocation or building evacuation via building stairwells.
Croker can design and develop custom plans specific and unique to your building. As every building/institution has different requirements, Croker’s professionally trained staff will develop a plan best suited for your facility. Typical plans include (but are not limited to):
- Emergency Action Plan
- Fire Protection Plan
- Fire Safety and Evacuation Plan
- Flood Emergency Response Plan
Ongoing training is a necessity to maintain the safety of a building and its occupants. A personally assigned service representative is assigned to your building to perform all drills and training. Croker offers the following training programs and classes including (but not limited to):
- Active Shooter Response Training
- Emergency Preparedness Training
- Evacuation Procedures
- Fire Safety Plan Procedures
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- Occupant / Resident Safety
- Occupant / Resident Q&A
- Organize Emergency Response Team
- Staff Responsibilities
- Tabletop Exercises
Croker provides onsite exam prep sessions for Fire and Life Safety Director (F-89) candidates.
The FDNY conducts all onsite examinations at a candidate’s building. Therefore, Croker conducts all onsite prep sessions at the building where the candidate will be taking their onsite exam, as it is imperative and of the utmost importance that each candidate receives practical training and understands the intricacies and the details of their respective building.
Such items as the building’s alarm system and plan documents can then be appropriately reviewed and discussed, empowering each candidate with the confidence and applied knowledge necessary to succeed during the onsite exam.
Individualized instruction will be provided to each candidate, for each section of the onsite exam, in areas including (but not limited to):
- Building Knowledge / Familiarization
- Practical Demonstration of Skills (Fire Command Center, Elevator Operation, etc.)
- Knowledge of Training Requirements
Croker also provides invaluable insight to the candidate to help them navigate through the essential and critical elements of the onsite exam including questions deemed as mandatory or important by the FDNY, as well as recommended, acceptable and unacceptable answers to scenarios presented during the exam.
For more information or to schedule an onsite prep for a candidate, please contact your Croker Service Representative(s) or call the Croker office at 631-277-7602.
Scheduling an Onsite Exam: To schedule an FDNY onsite exam, please contact the Coker office at 631-277-7602 or email email@example.com.
As fire and life safety consultants, Croker offers different paths to accomplish code compliance regarding floor plans and riser diagrams.
Croker employs an in-house team of professionals to create or update architectural type floor plans and standpipe/sprinkler riser diagrams for our New York City clients. This enables Croker to exclusively deliver an all-encompassing solution to keep buildings in code compliance with FDNY’s plan filing requirements. Croker does not outsource these architectural and engineering services, ensuring consistency and continuity throughout the plan documents.
For buildings who opt to employ an alternative architectural vendor, and for buildings outside the New York City area, Croker actively consults with the vendor to ensure that these documents meet Fire Department submission requirements.
We understand your business objectives and the nature of the industry, and we realize the importance of keeping your building in compliance with local, city and state codes. As part of our contractual agreement and mission to provide in-depth consulting services to clients, Croker’s dedicated Support Services team (ie: violation division) guides our New York City clients through the challenges of FDNY violations* including Environmental Control Board (ECB) hearing representation as requested.
Croker provides updates and information, pertaining to our scope of services, to keep clients in code compliance with evolving rules and regulations.
Croker also lends assistance, in the form of consultation, to clients’ legal representative, in the event a summons is issued.
*Note: Includes Notice of Violations (NOV) and Violation Orders (VO)
Croker offers our New York City clients an array of inspection services including (but not limited to):
Full Building Inspections
- Full building inspection with report of findings, as it pertains to New York City Fire Code and its parallel ordinances
Photoluminescent Marking Inspections
- Annual walk-through inspection of egress stairwells with written report of findings
(Pursuant to Building Code Reference Standard RS 6-1 and RS 6-1A)
Croker Fire Drill Corporation’s portfolio of clients consists of some of the most prestigious names in management and real estate throughout the industry. Our wide range of clients includes (but are not limited to):
- High-Rise Buildings
- Industrial Parks
- Labor Law
- Place of Assembly
- Residential/Apartment Buildings
- Stadiums/Arenas/Entertainment Complexes
- Municipal Buildings